DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT: To provide a focal point for all citizens in the community over 55. To come together for education, socialization, exercises recreation, health services and information. Continually extend, provide and inform our seniors to what may be beneficial to them. Increase the number of seniors and disabled senior citizens attending the meal site program. Offer more programs that would integrate seniors with community youth in various activities. To work vigorously with community agencies such as the Visiting Nurses of Newport and Bristol Counties, Newport County Mental Health services outpatient, Newport County Resource Center, Child and Family Services, etc. To introduce and inform the senior population throughout the area, to services offered within the center, as well as the variety of programs to the seniors presently utilizing the center.
Our population is aging and is reflected in the Middletown community as well as the senior population throughout the county. We understand with the demographic shift, the needs of all senior communities are changing. We believe a supportive community environment:
- Seniors are recognized as a valuable asset
- Seniors have the opportunity to contribute and expand their talents and knowledge
- Seniors strengthen our community and benefit personally by their involvement
- Seniors are treated respectfully and with dignity
- Seniors of all economic circumstances are served